Ceres supply chain related reports
Reporting Guidance for Responsible Palm
Jan 24, 2017
- This document aims to increase understanding, transparency, and accountability regarding responsible palm oil production by providing a shared set of reporting guidance for companies across the supply chain. Its primary purpose is to inform the content of public corporate communications and transparency on responsible production and sourcing activities including and beyond certification.
The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability: Revised Expectations
May 02, 2016
- The Ceres Roadmap presents 20 expectations in the areas of governance, stakeholder engagement, disclosure, and performance that companies should seek to meet by 2020 in order to transform into truly sustainable enterprises. As we pass the halfway point on the road to 2020, it is an important time to take stock of our changing world and refresh the Ceres Roadmap expectations themselves to reflect global sustainability trends. View the revised expectations in this abbreviated, two-page resource.
View From the Top: How Corporate Boards Engage on Sustainability Performance
Oct 28, 2015
- Corporate boards are responsible for overseeing the interests of shareholders in the long term and have a critical role to play in championing sustainability across the enterprise. Over the years, Wall Street research, academic papers, corporate reports and trends from major investors have all underscored the same message: Companies that adopt sustainable practices deliver superior financial results and can face the future with more resilience. Based on interviews conducted with dozens of corporate directors, senior corporate leaders and governance experts, this Ceres report, View from the top: How Corporate Boards Engage on Sustainability Performance identifies key strategies for effective board engagement that can produce tangible environmental and social impacts.
Feeding Ourselves Thirsty: How the Food Sector is Managing Global Water Risks
May 07, 2015
- In Feeding Ourselves Thirsty, Ceres takes a closer look at how the food sector is managing water risk. The report evaluates publicly available information on the water use, stewardship and policies of 37 major food sector companies in four industries: packaged food, beverage, meat and agricultural products. The report examines how water risks affect the profitability and competitive positioning of these companies using indicators and scoring drawn from the Ceres Aqua Gauge.
The Future is Now: Ceres Annual Report 2013
May 06, 2014
- The future that scientists have warned us— about in which the impacts of climate change begin to alter the health of the global economy and our way of life— is here.
Gaining Ground: Corporate Progress on the Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability
Apr 30, 2014
- This report evaluates how well 613 of the largest, publicly traded U.S. companies are integrating sustainability into their business systems and decision-making. The report— a collaboration between Ceres and Sustainalytics—assesses corporate progress across the four strategic areas first outlined in 2010 in the Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability.
The Future is Possible: Ceres Annual Report 2012
Sep 25, 2013
- Our latest annual report highlights our accomplishments over the last year in mobilizing our powerful networks of investors and companies to integrate environmental and social concerns into their decision-making and operations. It discusses our efforts to move key economic players like the insurance industry and to transform capital market systems in order to address the most pressing sustainability challenges of our time—water scarcity, the depletion of natural resources, and the growing impacts of climate change.
Supplier Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ): Building the Foundation for Sustainable Supply Chains
Aug 31, 2012
- The Supplier Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ): Building the Foundation for Sustainable Supply Chains will be useful for all companies seeking to strengthen their supply chain engagement. The goal is to help companies be more competitive and build resiliency in their supply chains by identifying, assessing, managing and disclosing supply chain sustainability risks.
The Road to 2020: Corporate Progress on the Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability
Apr 25, 2012
- The Road to 2020: Corporate Progress on The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability assesses how U.S. businesses are progressing on sustainability and uses as a framework, The 21st Century Corporation: The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability—a guide for integrating sustainability across a company’s entire enterprise. Specifically, it evaluates where 600 large publicly traded companies stand on sustainability issues in terms of governance, stakeholder engagement, disclosure and performance.
Improving Workers' Well-Being: A New Approach to Supply Chain Engagement
Apr 25, 2012
- Pioneering a new strategy for its supply chain requires that LS&Co. also design a new approach to the engagement and support of its manufacturing suppliers. At the heart of this new approach is the company’s ongoing commitment to the protection of human rights and improvement of supplier performance through its current TOE, which remains as relevant today as it was 20 years ago. The following chapter presents the core components of this new strategy, along with a summary of key stakeholder feedback and guidance gathered throughout these Ceres’ led dialogues.
The Ceres Aqua Gauge: A Framework for 21st Century Water Risk Management
Oct 18, 2011
- October 2011 - This report introduces experts and newcomers alike to the Ceres Aqua Gauge™, a new framework for assessing corporate management of water risk. The report provides a broad overview of how competing freshwater demands and limits to supply are beginning to affect corporate financial performance in a range of industrial sectors. The report also identifies trends in corporate and investor responses to emerging water issues — and explains how investors can identify holdings in their portfolios more likely to be exposed to water-related risks.
The 21st Century Corporation: The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability
Mar 10, 2010
- March 2010 - The Ceres Roadmap serves as a vision and practical guide for integrating sustainability into the DNA of business — from the boardroom to the copy room. It analyzes the drivers, risks and opportunities involved in making the shift to sustainability, and details strategies and results from companies who are taking on these challenges. The Ceres Roadmap is designed to provide a comprehensive platform for sustainable business strategy and for accelerating best practices and performance.
Facility Reporting Project: Guide to Stakeholder Engagement
Nov 09, 2007
- November 2007 - Developed in collaboration with the U.S. EPA and Industrial Economics, this document provides detailed guidance to companies on how to engage local stakeholders as part of developing a facility or site-level sustainability report. Numerous case studies illustrate lessons learned and best practices by facilities that have undertaken facility level engagement and reporting.
Facility Reporting Project: Sustainability Reporting Guidance
Mar 01, 2005
- Developed in 2004, Ceres' Facility Reporting Project's guidance is a tool to support facilities (and their parent organizations) in voluntary public reporting of facility-level sustainability performance information. It consists of environmental, social, and economic indicators relevant to local stakeholders, and provides step-by-step guidance to assist in the reporting process.