Program Assistant, Investor Program
Ceres is looking to hire a Program Assistant for our Investor Program. This position will provide support and coordination of program work, events, and internal and external communications. The Assistant will assist the team in their work with investors on sustainability issues; such as seeking to improve corporate and investment practices on climate change, water, resource scarcity, clean energy and related environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues. The investors are part of Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a network of 130 investors managing over $15 trillion of assets. Members include asset managers, state treasurers, pension funds, foundations, endowments, and religious institutional investors, among others. INCR is a project of Ceres. For more information, please visit (www.incr.com). This is a full-time staff position that will report to the Senior Program Director, Investor Program.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Investor Program team with coordination of investor outreach, events and communications, specifically focusing on logistics for various in-person and virtual meetings and conference calls throughout the year and meeting follow-up communications.
- Provide support through research, writing and organizing, emails and telephone calls, to investors who are seeking information about INCR programs and activities.
- Assist the Investor Program staff with researching and writing memos on various topics, and preparing PowerPoint presentations and materials for meetings and events.
- Provide logistical, materials and tracking assistance in INCR recruitment and member engagement efforts.
- Support the Senior Program Director in coordination and organization of the Investor Program team activities, weekly team meetings, and other internal meetings; including developing agendas, taking meeting minutes.
- Assist the Investor Program team on campaign activities such as drafting letters to investors and enlisting investor support for various initiatives
- Track INCR membership and invoicing
- Develop content and draft weekly INCR newsletter; assist in developing and writing content for the INCR website
- Provide administrative support including processing Visa statements and reimbursements, scheduling meetings and travel, coordinating calls collecting success stories, taking notes in meetings, assisting with fundraising, and tracking results.
- Support Director on Ceres’ Board Investor Committee meetings, including scheduling calls, preparing materials, taking minutes, and following up on action items
- Coordinate with Communications Team on INCR social media (e.g. Twitter)
- Serve as liaison for Investor team to other Ceres teams and programs
- Manage special projects, as necessary
- Serve as the team’s database point person, including database support to team members and some data entry
- Assist with planning and coordination for Ceres annual conference and Investor Programs events.
- Minimum of one year of relevant work experience and bachelor degree required.
- Knowledge or experience with energy, climate change or sustainability issues – understanding of the role of business, the investment community, or NGOs a plus.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, superior leadership ability, strong initiative and motivation, and a positive can-do attitude.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience as an assistant to a senior executive, a plus.
- Successful record of organizing and advancing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent research capabilities
- Strong verbal communciation skills
- Highly developed writing skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
How To Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and a list of three references. Please address all inquiries to email@example.com (rather than the Senior Program Director or other investor team members), and use the words “Program Assistant, Investor Program” in the subject line of your e-mail message as follows:
ATTN: Program Assistant, Investor Program
Careers at Ceres
99 Chauncy Street, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.