Jobs and Internships
Are you ready to change corporate, investor and business practices on climate change and other sustainability challenges? Are you interested in working with Fortune 500 companies to help them reach new heights on environmental and social performance? Do you have the strategic savvy to engage entire industries — the insurance sector, for example — to tackle the business impacts from climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability issues? Ceres is seeking the best and the brightest candidates to fill these positions in our growing organization.
Ceres is a nonprofit organization mobilizing business and investor leadership on climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability challenges. Ceres directs the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a network of over 120 institutional investors with collective assets totaling more than $14 trillion. Ceres also directs Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy (BICEP), an advocacy coalition of nearly 40 businesses committed to working with policy makers to pass meaningful energy and climate legislation. The Ceres Company Network includes over 60 corporations working to improve their performance and governance for sustainability.
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
The following positions are now available:
California Program Director
Nov 07, 2016
- The Ceres’ California Program Director leads the organization’s California team and office, oversees programmatic strategy, builds key partnerships in California, develops new fundraising opportunities and maintains existing donor relationships, and represents Ceres externally in the Bay area and on the West Coast.
Senior Associate, Sustainable Agriculture
Nov 07, 2016
- Ceres is looking to hire a Senior Associate to support the Food and Capital Markets program. The position will initially focus on addressing issues related to overfishing and deforestation and will report to the Program Director, Food and Capital Markets.
Senior Manager, Sustainable Agriculture (new position)
Nov 06, 2016
- The Senior Manager, Sustainable Agriculture is a full-time position, reporting to the Director, Food & Capital Markets. The Food and Capital Markets Initiative is a new multi-organization collaboration working to enhance the sustainability of key food supply chains. Ceres responsibilities as part of this program involve working with Ceres’ Investor, Corporate, NGO, and Policy partners. This role will be based in Boston, MA.
Website, Associate, Communications
Nov 03, 2016
- Ceres is launching a brand new website with a fresh and updated look and feel soon and we’re looking for a full-time Associate to join the online communications team to help create and launch our new vision. The Website Associate will join the communications team to help Ceres build and maintain its online brand on the ceres.org website. This position will play a key role in the upcoming website redesign project while updating and maintaining Ceres’s current website. This is a full-time position, based in our Boston office and will report to the Director of Online Communications.
Director of Development
Nov 01, 2016
- The Director of Development is responsible for overall management of the individual giving program, with a specific focus on major gifts, growth and stewardship of Ceres 1000, and fundraising and cultivation events. He/she will supervise the Annual Fund Manager, share supervision of a Development Assistant and Development Associate, and work as part of a ten-person development department.
Oct 30, 2016
- Ceres’ interns support Program and Development staff working with a wide variety of constituents within the Ceres network: environmental activists, investors, funders, and corporations. While providing some administrative support, interns will primarily work in one of the following areas using skills in research, project coordination, IT and communications.